Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Deployment Issues - 2017/02/14

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 7 post(s)
epicurus 2
epicurus 2
Secret Passage

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.02.14 12:41:15 - [1] - Quote

Andrew Xadi wrote:
Noxeria Shimaya wrote:
Quote:
Specifically prohibited with your in-alliance character: Piracy, baiting, or scamming; initiating aggression on other playersGÇÖ ships, pods, or deployed structures; sovereignty interference; participating in NPSI fleets; aggressive actions in support of PvP fleets including boosts, cynos, bumping, or target intel; use of mobile siphons; corp or other theft; placing bounties. Note: Ships, wrecks and drones abandoned in space are considered salvage and may be harvested. Abandoned ships may not be destroyed.

Credo quote from: https://www.eve-scout.com/signal-cartel/

wait, you can't use cynos?

there's cynos and "aggressive use of cynos"

The Credo is not a rulebook, it is a philosophy.

you conscience should tell you which.

if you do not have a moral compass you are not an explorer.Gäó
epicurus 2
epicurus 2
Secret Passage

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.02.14 12:52:51 - [2] - Quote

Noxeria Shimaya wrote:
epicurus 2 wrote:
Andrew Xadi wrote:
Noxeria Shimaya wrote:
[quote] shortened

wait, you can't use cynos?

there's cynos and "aggressive use of cynos"

The Credo is not a rulebook, it is a philosophy.

you conscience should tell you which.

if you do not have a moral compass you are not an explorer.Gäó

Well if someting involves PvP and it's not to help one of ours getting attacked then it's prohibited.

Agreed, but one doesn't need to have a written rule or blocking loopholes for someone to know whether it is wrong. The credo is a jointly accepted guide for living and behaviour, the fact breaches have to be enforced, means the "player" has not engaged his conscience. no one should ever need to be "told"

enforcing the credo is simply a sign the player has failed to live by it.
epicurus 2
epicurus 2
Secret Passage

Posted - 2017.02.14 13:04:55 - [3] - Quote

Koss Vha wrote:
Jaddow wrote:
Darkwing Fiftytwo wrote:
Hidalgo Gengod wrote:
CCP,I am playing with 3 accounts.Dreadnought,orca,and scanning ship astero.My dreadnought in wormhole now without core probe laucnher.My others 2 accounts in Jita.What i should to do,if wormhole will close in this time?I wont loss 5 biliion (dread + fit) .

Not sure if thats a troll, but maybe you should get your **** safe, ahead of a monthly patch that was announced well in advance and not ***** at ccp for doing their jobs.

If you lose **** during random bug blow ups I get it. But these downtimes are announced well in advance and are required to update and improve the game. So stop bitching about the downtime that is literally at the exact same time everyday.

Great work CCP, TY.

CCP doing God's work... "Making Eve Great Again One Patch at a Time"... leave them to their work and enjoy their efforts once completed... and consider simply saying thank you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vGjmZNbKGE

This is the mentality that allows companies to provide the bare minimum in quality of service. Respectable that you seem to be a polite person but in the case of thanking someone you are paying for not doing their job on time, that isn't helping anyone. Not so much aimed at the technicians that might actually be trying, but if management sees you/us as satisfied then they definitely won't hire more people or take other action to actually improve the user experience.
Just my two cents on the issue.

if they were making no effort to rectify things then you would have a point.
however being critical when people are doing their level best to resolve completely unexpected issues and posting regular updates, is not being a concerned customer.... it is something else entirely.
epicurus 2
epicurus 2
Secret Passage

Posted - 2017.02.14 13:19:29 - [4] - Quote

Quote:

This is the mentality that allows companies to provide the bare minimum in quality of service. Respectable that you seem to be a polite person but in the case of thanking someone you are paying for not doing their job on time, that isn't helping anyone. Not so much aimed at the technicians that might actually be trying, but if management sees you/us as satisfied then they definitely won't hire more people or take other action to actually improve the user experience.
Just my two cents on the issue.

they were making no effort to rectify things then you would have a point.
however being critical when people are doing their level best to resolve completely unexpected issues and posting regular updates, is not being a concerned customer.... it is something else entirely.

Quote:
me stress the "Not so much aimed at the technicians that might actually be trying, but if management sees you/us as satisfied then they definitely won't hire more people or take other action to actually improve the user experience." portion of my post, but I'll mostly agree with you. I'm just not about to thank anyone for a delay, not really gonna blame them either. Although I'm sure the actual people involved would agree that more resources/staff would benefit both the product and their work environment.

Sometimes throwing more people at things just makes things more complex and administrative. MORE PEOPLE!!! is almost never the answer. Just ask any technology company, business, bank........... it is a knee jerk reaction that almost without exception makes things worse.

There is no evidence whatsoever that server downtimes are due to a lack of qualified human resources. so criticising management when you do not have any idea of their infrastructure/resourcing, does not come across as anything other than a dig.... just saying.

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,56s, ref 20240528/1329
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.